The American Society of Home Inspectors ASHI or Other Professional Home Inspector Membership/Certification Procedures
- HOME INSPECTOR CERTIFICATION - CONTENTS: How to qualify or become certified as a professional home inspector. Membership procedures for ASHI the American Society of Home Inspectors. How to Find a Qualified Home Inspector. Advanced Home Inspection Education Articles, Classes, Standards, Ethics
- POST a QUESTION or READ FAQs about where to obtain home inspection & commercial building inspection certification
Home Inspector certification & licensing:
Here we provide links to detailed Information about qualifying as a Certified Home
Inspector by becoming a member of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors.
ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors is a national professional association of home inspectors and building professionals who examine and report on the physical condition of existing buildings, with focus on residential properties including single family homes and smaller multi-family dwellings.
ASHI certification requires a combination of education, specialized training in home inspection topics, experience, passing a certification exam, maintaining continuing education credits, and agreeing to abide by a national code of ethics for home inspectors.
Green links show where you are. © Copyright 2015 InspectApedia.com, All Rights Reserved.
Contact ASHI by email, web, telephone or FAX to request a Candidate Application Packet.
For the latest procedures required to become an ASHI certified home inspector,see:
This website, InspectAPedia.com, is an independent information project which provides in-depth building inspection, diagnostic, and repair advice across all residential and light commercial building and environmental topics.
We provide very detailed suggestions for diagnosing and repairing a wide range of building, environmental, and mechanical system problems. Contact Us by email to suggest content additions, corrections, or if you are unable to find information that you seek.
Continue reading at HOME & BUILDING INSPECTION METHODS or select a topic from the More Reading links or topic ARTICLE INDEX shown below.
Or see HOME INSPECTION, GET THE MOST FROM
Suggested citation for this web page
HOME INSPECTOR CERTIFICATION at InspectApedia.com - online encyclopedia of building & environmental inspection, testing, diagnosis, repair, & problem prevention advice.
Green link shows where you are in this article series.
- HOME & BUILDING INSPECTORS & INSPECTION METHODS
- AGE of a BUILDING, HOW to DETERMINE
- AIR CONDITIONING & HEAT PUMP INSPECTION - home
- BIBLIOGAPHY for ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH, MOLD, IAQ
- BUILDING SAFETY HAZARDS GUIDE
- CHIMNEY INSPECTION DIAGNOSIS REPAIR - home
- CLEARANCE DISTANCES
- CRAWL SPACES
- DECK & PORCH CONSTRUCTION
- DIRECTORY of BUILDING INSPECTORS
- DIRECTORIES of EXPERTS
- DISASTER BUILDING INSPECTION & REPAIR
- ELECTRICAL INSPECTION, DIAGNOSIS, REPAIR - home
- ENERGY SAVINGS - home
- ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS - home
- EXTERIOR INSPECTIONS - home
- FIREPLACES & HEARTHS
- FLOOD DAMAGE ASSESSMENT, SAFETY & CLEANUP
- HEATING SYSTEM INSPECTIONS - home
- HOME & BUILDING INSPECTION METHODS - home
- HOME INSPECTION, GET THE MOST FROM
- HOME MAINTENANCE
- HUD RENOVATION & 203 K INSPECTIONS
- INDOOR AIR QUALITY IMPROVEMENT GUIDE
- INSECT INFESTATION / DAMAGE
- INSULATION INSPECTION & IMPROVEMENT - home
- INTERIOR INSPECTIONS - home
- KIT HOMES, Aladdin, Sears, Wards, Others
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION SYSTEMS
- MOBILE HOME INSPECTION GUIDE
- MOISTURE CONTROL in BUILDINGS
- MOLD IN BUILDINGS
- MSDS MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETS
- NOISE / SOUND DIAGNOSIS & CURE
- ODORS GASES SMELLS, DIAGNOSIS & CURE - home
- OIL TANK PIPING & PIPING DEFECTS
- OIL TANKS INSPECT LEAK TEST ABANDON REGS - home
- PAINT FALURE, DIAGNOSIS, CURE, PREVENTION - home
- PLUMBING SYSTEMS INSPECTION - home
- ROOFING INSPECTION & REPAIR - home
- SAFETY HAZARDS GUIDE - home
- SEPTIC SYSTEM INSPECT DIAGNOSE REPAIR - home
- SOLAR ENERGY
- STAIRS, RAILINGS, LANDINGS, RAMPS - home
- STRUCTURAL INSPECTIONS of BUILDINGS - home
- TANK TYPES: EXPANSION, OIL, SEPTIC WATER, ALL
- TEMPERATURE MEASURING INSTRUMENTS
- VENTILATION in BUILDINGS - home
- WATER ENTRY in BUILDINGS - home
- WATER HEATER INSPECTION - home
- WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM INSPECTION - home
- WATER TESTS for CONTAMINANTS
- WELLS CISTERNS & SPRINGS - home
- WINDOWS & DOORS - home
- FAQs below discusses field reports of problems & solutions for this topic
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about home inspection professional associations
Ask a Question or Search InspectApedia
Questions & answers or comments about membership in home inspection associations and about home inspector education, testing, & certification or licensing. .
Use the "Click to Show or Hide FAQs" link just above to see recently-posted questions, comments, replies, try the search box just below, or if you prefer, post a question or comment in the Comments box below and we will respond promptly.
Technical Reviewers & References
Publisher's Google+ Page by Daniel Friedman
Click to Show or Hide Citations & References
- Mark Cramer Inspection Services Mark Cramer, Tampa Florida, Mr. Cramer is a past president of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors and is a Florida home inspector and home inspection educator. Mr. Cramer serves on the ASHI Home Inspection Standards. Contact Mark Cramer at: 727-595-4211 mark@BestTampaInspector.com
- John Cranor is an ASHI member and a home inspector (The House Whisperer) is located in Glen Allen, VA 23060. He is also a contributor to InspectApedia.com in several technical areas such as plumbing and appliances (dryer vents). Contact Mr. Cranor at 804-747-7747 or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Cramer Inspection Services Mark Cramer, Tampa Florida, Mr. Cramer is a past president of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors and is a Florida home inspector and home inspection educator. Contact Mark Cramer at: 727-595-4211 mark@BestTampaInspector.com 11/06
- Roger Hankey is principal of Hankey and Brown home inspectors, Eden Prairie, MN. Mr. Hankey is a past chairman of the ASHI Standards Committee. Mr. Hankey has served in other ASHI professional and leadership roles. Contact Roger Hankey at: 952 829-0044 - email@example.com. Mr. Hankey is a frequent contributor to InspectAPedia.com.
Books & Articles on Building & Environmental Inspection, Testing, Diagnosis, & Repair
- [Information about ASHI]
- [ASHI's Association Info]
- [ASHI Headquarters Website]
- Basement Moisture Control, U.S. Department of Energy
- Building Pathology, Deterioration, Diagnostics, and Intervention, Samuel Y. Harris, P.E., AIA, Esq., ISBN 0-471-33172-4, John Wiley & Sons, 2001 [General building science-DF] ISBN-10: 0471331724
- Building Pathology: Principles and Practice, David Watt, Wiley-Blackwell; 2 edition (March 7, 2008) ISBN-10: 1405161035 ISBN-13: 978-1405161039