FPE breaker failed to trip - this is a typical breaker side blow-out that occurs. FPE Incident or Failure Report Form
How to report an FPE Stab-Lok® panel or breaker incident

  • FPE INCIDENTS, HOW TO REPORT - CONTENTS: How to report an FPE Stab-Lok® or Federal Pioneer or other brand electrical panel panel or circuit breaker incident
  • POST a QUESTION or READ FAQsabout how and where to report FPE Stab-Lok® or Federal Pioneer electrical panel or circuit breaker failures, problems, events, or fires

InspectAPedia tolerates no conflicts of interest. We have no relationship with advertisers, products, or services discussed at this website.

This FPE failure report article page explains how, where, and why to report failures or problems with Federal Pacific Electric FPE Stab-Lok® electrical panels and circuit breakers. This website explains the fire and shock hazards associated with Federal Pacific Electric Stab-Lok® circuit breakers and service panels, provides a history of the issue, recounts research on FPE failures, and recommends replacement of the panels.

We recommend against replacing individual FPE Stab-Lok® circuit breakers - there is no evidence that doing so will improve the safety of the electrical system. We recommend that the panel be replaced entirely. This web page explains the issues and recommends solutions for people looking for a replacement FPE Stab-Lok® circuit breaker. We do not sell circuit breakers nor any other products.Our site offers impartial, unbiased advice without conflicts of interest

We also provide a MASTER INDEX to this topic, or you can try the page top or bottom SEARCH BOX as a quick way to find information you need.

Green links show where you are. © Copyright 2017, All Rights Reserved.

HOW & WHERE TO REPORT FPE Stab-Lok® FAILURES - Reporting Federal Pacific and Federal Pioneer Equipment Problems

How to Report an FPE Stab-Lok® Incident to the US CPSC

In addition to informing us of an FPE Stab-Lok® or Federal Pioneer electrical panel or breaker event so that we can add this incident report to the data base we maintain, we encourage readers to report such events also to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission - it's easy: you can use a simple form at the CPSC's website.

Dangerous Product Reports to the US CPSC: To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC's hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC's teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270, or visit CPSC's web site at

You can also send the CPSC email on incidents to:

Please also report incidents to the InspectAPedia. com Editor

How to Report an FPE Stab-Lok® Incident Report to this Website & Independent Research Experts

We invite voluntary field failure reports from readers who are aware of or who experience failures of Federal Pacific and Federal Pioneer equipment order to add to the existing data base. These reports are invaluable in analyzing types of electrical failures and in enabling us to provide an accurate summary of that information to the public and to concerned government agencies.

Am I Legally Required to Report an Electrical Problem or Fire?

There is no legal requirement that failures be reported to us for tabulation here. If you are willing to report an FPE incident, no costs are involved, and all personal data, property identification, etc. are kept strictly confidential. Only summary information and depersonalized incident descriptions are tabulated.

This website is not a government or other official document, nor does it receive nor request funding. CONTACT US.

What Information Should be Reported if I have an FPE Stab-Lok® or Federal Pioneer Panel or Breaker Failuire or Fire?

Any details (and photos) you can add about the problem you were experiencing, and the identity your electrician and what s/he told you about this incident, would be important additions to the failure data base. These reports form important data which, after stripping personal data out of the report, we share with government agencies such as the CPSC and with independent researchers. Your privacy is protected.

How should the FPE or FP Panel be Replaced? Replacement Options

At REPLACEMENT PANELS we describe panel replacement alternatives that include describing an approach that keeps the original steel panel enclosure in place, replacing the electrical components within it (the "bus assembly") which, if your electrician agrees, might save a portion of the labor costs when replacing the panel.

How to contribute a failed FPE Stab-Lok® or Federal Pioneer Panel or Breaker for Research

If, when you replace your panel, you want to contribute your old one for testing by an independent lab (testing is at no cost to you other than shipping the panel), CONTACT US and we will pass on shipping instructions. As with field reports, the test result data (not your personal information) is provided to the US CPSC and other appropriate agencies.


Continue reading at FPE FIRES: FAILURE REPORTS or select a topic from closely-related articles below, or see our complete INDEX to RELATED ARTICLES below.



Suggested citation for this web page

FPE INCIDENTS, HOW TO REPORT at - online encyclopedia of building & environmental inspection, testing, diagnosis, repair, & problem prevention advice.


Or use the SEARCH BOX found below to Ask a Question or Search InspectApedia


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Click to Show or Hide FAQs

Ask a Question or Search InspectApedia

Questions & answers or comments about how and where to report FPE Stab-Lok® or Federal Pioneer electrical panel or circuit breaker failures, problems, events, or fires


Use the "Click to Show or Hide FAQs" link just above to see recently-posted questions, comments, replies, try the search box just below, or if you prefer, post a question or comment in the Comments box below and we will respond promptly.

Search the InspectApedia website

Comment Box is loading comments...

Technical Reviewers & References

Click to Show or Hide Citations & References

Publisher's Google+ Page by Daniel Friedman