InspectAPedia tolerates no conflicts of interest. We have no relationship with advertisers, products, or services discussed at this website.
List of referral links & references from InspectAPedia.com.
The links and references listed on this page include linkages to external information sources - taking you away from InspectApedia.com. InspectAPedia has no control over and is not responsible for the contents of other websites. Our main website topics listed at page top or at the "More Reading" links at the bottom of this article provide in-depth, un-biased, expert information on building defect inspection,
diagnosis, & repair, indoor building environmental inspection, testing, diagnosis, and remediation, and forensic investigation services.
Green links show where you are. © Copyright 2015 InspectApedia.com, All Rights Reserved.
Links to Information about Building Diagnosis & Repair - main topics are at page-left.
Additional information links
are organized below in the construction inspection, diagnosis, and repair resource directory and information topics listed. We encourage readers to use the search box near the top or near the bottom of each of our pages for quick access to specific, detailed information.
Link Exchange - Link exchange or listing submissions are welcome from websites whose content, services, or products are appropriate for our readers. Advertise on this website - independent ad
placements by Google assure absolutely no conflicts of interest. Also see Policy on use of website contents - OK in printed form only, do not make electronic copies.
- Architecture, project management, & related consultants
- Arson & Fire Investigation
- Attorneys and expert witnesses specializing in environmental law, construction law , and related fields - Directory.
- Air Conditioning & Cooling Systems
- Asbestos - information links, Mesothelioma doctors, legal advice
- Building Codes also see Standards
- Chimneys, fireplaces, and woodstoves including heating with wood
- Concrete & Masonry
- Construction Practices, Inspection, Diagnosis, Research. also see Steel Construction, Site Work, & individual trades
- Electrical inspection, codes, hazardous products, Aluminum wire, Federal Pacific
- Engineering associations
- Emergency Relief/Disaster Red Cross, ARC, FEMA
- Energy Conservation, Alternative Energy also see Green Construction
- Environment & Hazmat also see Asbestos hazards, Attorneys, EMF and Toxic Gases and Indoor Air Quality, and Lead Hazards, separate section on Mold and Oil Tanks
- Equipment: Inspection and Diagnosis for Building inspectors. Test equipment, infra red, thermography, moisture meters, electrical test equipment, etc.
- Exteriors, Decks, EIFS, Siding, Stucco, Trim, Windows, Doors, roof drainage, gutters, leaders, landscaping
- Foundations and Structures, structural inspections. also see Home Inspection
- Government Agencies als see Emergency
- Green Construction also see Energy Conservation, Environment and Steel recycling
- Heating Systems inspection methods, product recalls, also see Oil Tanks
- Historic buildings identification, inspection, Sears Catalog Houses, Dating a House, Old House Materials & Repairs
- Home Owners/Home Buyers
- Home Inspection, Building Inspection, Failure Diagnosis, How to a find home inspector and how to choose, Home Inspection Equipment and tool sources, Home Inspection Methodology and Building Failures Research schools, classes and articles
- Indoor Air Quality also see Environment and Mold
- Insulation & Ventilation
- Law: Construction or Environmental Law & Legal Services and litigation assistance on Building failures, environmental issues, safety hazards,
- Lumber & Wood Building Materials
- Mold, Allergens also see Environment & List of Mold Remediation Contractors
- Newsgroups: Construction Diagnosis or Environmental Testing & Newsgroups for home owners
- Oil Tank Issues: Papers and Articles on oil tank testing, location, removal, inspection
- Plumbing Pipes, SEPTIC SYSTEM INSPECT DIAGNOSE REPAIR, Diagnosis. also see Water, Water Supply, Wells. and our Directory of Plumbing Services & Products
- Product Recalls and Warnings - Construction or Home Equipment
- Real Estate Services & Publications
- Roofing practices, product failures; Roofing Contractors, Products, Services Directory
- Seismic/Earthquake construction methods, inspection
- SEPTIC SYSTEM INSPECT DIAGNOSE REPAIR, Septic Inspection, Repair, Design, Design Alternatives, Products, Services
- Septic System Books to Buy Online, our list of recommended books on septic systems, greywater systems, composting toilets, and other building inspection & maintenance topics
- Siding, EIFS, Stucco, Synthetic Stucco, Trim, Windows, Doors, practices, defective products
- Site Work - Construction site drainage, retaining walls, blasting, also see Construction & EXTERIORS of buildings
- Solar Energy, solar heating systems, solar swimming pool heaters, passive solar design, other energy savings
- Standards, Building Product & Testing Agencies also see Building Codes
- Stairs, steps, railings see also Construction & Structures
- Steel Construction see also Construction & Structures
- Structures, also see Foundations and Structures, and see
DECK & PORCH CONSTRUCTION
- Travel, Hiking, and Houses for Rent in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico
- Universities re:construction, environmental, engineering resources
- Water, Water Supply, Wells
- Windows, Doors, Siding, Trim, practices, defective products
- Link Exchange - Link exchange or listing submissions are welcome from websites whose content, services, or products are appropriate for our readers. To provide your link exchange information and our link exchange policy see InspectAPedia.com - Directory Listing & Link Exchange Instructions There are no listing fees & no conflicts of interest. We reserve the right to list or not list individuals or companies and to provide notice of consumer compliments or complaints.
- InspectAPedia.com ® - The Construction & Environmental Inspection, Diagnosis, & Repair Website Home Page
* Listing submissions by qualified experts are welcome - whose content, services are appropriate for our readers. To provide your link exchange information and our link exchange policy see our Directory Listing & Link Exchange Instructions . There are no listing fees & no conflicts of interest. We reserve the right to list or not list individuals or companies and to provide notice of consumer compliments or complaints. Also see our ADVERTISING POLICY and LINK EXCHANGE POLICY.
Qualified experts in the fields discussed at this website (and suitable for the directories listed below), inspectors, forensic engineers, construction & environmental investigators and laboratories: if you are qualified to serve residential or commercial properties and if you are committed to working without actual or apparent conflict of interest (your company does not inspect, test, and also remediate or repair buildings) you may qualify to be listed in this directory without charge.
The content at this website is provided by InspectAPedia.com® as a public service and
without any conflicts of interest.
This directory receives no support from ASHI, CAHI, CREIA, nor other any home inspection nor from any real estate firm nor any other business, listed or not, at our website. The author reserves the right to
list or not list individual or companies and to provide notice of consumer compliments or complaints.
There are no listing fees & no conflicts of interest. We reserve the right to list or not list individuals or companies and to provide notice of consumer compliments or complaints. Also see our ADVERTISING POLICY and LINK EXCHANGE POLICY.
At our link exchange instructions you will be asked in which of our expert directories you want to be listed:
- DIRECTORY OF ATTORNEYS & expert witnesses
- DIRECTORY OF ELECTRICIANS - Aluminum Wiring
- DIRECTORY OF ELECTRICIANS - FPE Zinsco
- HOME INSPECTOR DIRECTORY
- MOLD CLEANUP COMPANIES
- MOLD & ENVIRONMENTAL INSPECTORS
- DIRECTORY of OIL TANK REMOVAL COs
- DIRECTORY of OIL TANK TESTING COs
- ROOFING MATERIALS TEST LABS
- SEPTIC CONSULTANTS / DESIGNERS
- SEPTIC SYSTEM SUPPLIERS
- OTHER CONSULTANTS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES - full list of external links to experts & services, all building topics
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Click to Show or Hide FAQs
No FAQs have been posted for this page. Try the search box below or CONTACT US by email if you cannot find the answer you need at InspectApedia.
Ask a Question or Search InspectApedia
Use the "Click to Show or Hide FAQs" link just above to see recently-posted questions, comments, replies, try the search box just below, or if you prefer, post a question or comment in the Comments box below and we will respond promptly.
Search the InspectApedia website
Technical Reviewers & References
Publisher's Google+ Page by Daniel Friedman
Click to Show or Hide Citations & References
- Carson, Dunlop & Associates Ltd., 120 Carlton Street Suite 407, Toronto ON M5A 4K2. (416) 964-9415 1-800-268-7070 firstname.lastname@example.org. The firm provides professional home inspection services & home inspection education & publications. Alan Carson is a past president of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors. Thanks to Alan Carson and Bob Dunlop, for permission for InspectAPedia to use text excerpts from The Home Reference Book & illustrations from The Illustrated Home. Carson Dunlop Associates' provides:
- Commercial Building Inspection Courses - protocol ASTM Standard E 2018-08 for Property Condition Assessments
- Home Inspection Education Courses including home study & live classes at eleven colleges & universities.
- Home Inspection Education Home Study Courses - ASHI@Home Training 10-course program.
Special Offer: Carson Dunlop Associates offers InspectAPedia readers in the U.S.A. a 5% discount on these courses: Enter INSPECTAHITP in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space. InspectAPedia.com editor Daniel Friedman is a contributing author.
- The Home Reference Book, a reference & inspection report product for building owners & inspectors.
Special Offer: For a 10% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference Book purchased as a single order. Enter INSPECTAHRB in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space. InspectAPedia.com editor Daniel Friedman is a contributing author.
- The Home Reference eBook, an electronic version for PCs, the iPad, iPhone, & Android smart phones.
Special Offer: For a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference eBook purchased as a single order. Enter inspectaehrb in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space.
- The Illustrated Home illustrates construction details and building components, a reference for owners & inspectors.
Special Offer: For a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Illustrated Home purchased as a single order Enter INSPECTAILL in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space.
- The Horizon Software System manages business operations,scheduling, & inspection report writing using Carson Dunlop's knowledge base & color images. The Horizon system runs on always-available cloud-based software for office computers, laptops, tablets, iPad, Android, & other smartphones.
- Eric Galow, Galow Homes, Lagrangeville, NY. Mr. Galow can be reached by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 914-474-6613. Mr. Galow specializes in residential construction including both new homes and repairs, renovations, and additions.
- Mark Cramer Inspection Services Mark Cramer, Tampa Florida, Mr. Cramer is a past president of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors and is a Florida home inspector and home inspection educator. Contact Mark Cramer at: 727-595-4211 mark@BestTampaInspector.com 11/06
- Roger Hankey is principal of Hankey and Brown home inspectors, Eden Prairie, MN. Mr. Hankey is a past chairman of the ASHI Standards Committee. Mr. Hankey has served in other ASHI professional and leadership roles. Contact Roger Hankey at: 952 829-0044 - firstname.lastname@example.org. Mr. Hankey is a frequent contributor to InspectAPedia.com.
- Arlene Puentes, an ASHI member and a licensed home inspector in Kingston, NY, and has served on ASHI national committees as well as HVASHI Chapter President. Ms. Puentes can be contacted at email@example.com
- Wikipedia provided background information about some topics discussed at this website provided this citation is also found in the same article along with a " retrieved on" date. NOTE: because Wikipedia entries are fluid and can be amended in real time, we cite the retrieval date of Wikipedia citations and we do not assert that the information found there is necessarily authoritative.
Books & Articles on Building & Environmental Inspection, Testing, Diagnosis, & Repair
- The Home Reference Book - the Encyclopedia of Homes, Carson Dunlop & Associates, Toronto, Ontario, 25th Ed., 2012, is a bound volume of more than 450 illustrated pages that assist home inspectors and home owners in the inspection and detection of problems on buildings. The text is intended as a reference guide to help building owners operate and maintain their home effectively. Field inspection worksheets are included at the back of the volume. Special Offer: For a 10% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference Book purchased as a single order. Enter INSPECTAHRB in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space. InspectAPedia.com editor Daniel Friedman is a contributing author.
Or choose the The Home Reference eBook for PCs, Macs, Kindle, iPad, iPhone, or Android Smart Phones. Special Offer: For a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference eBook purchased as a single order. Enter INSPECTAEHRB in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space.